multiple prefixes

Erik Kline ek at google.com
Tue Feb 12 05:49:42 CET 2013

> B) NPT != NAT. Please stop spreading FUD.

Actually, even this statement is slightly FUDish, depending on one's
perspective.

>From a pure technical perspective, it's true.

>From an application writer's perspective it's patently false, as the
technical difference between the two is irrelevant.

What I suspect you mean when you say (elsewhere) that ULA+NPT costs
nothing is that it costs /you/ (or "the network operator") nothing.
But there is a cost, and you've just moved it elsewhere.

Such is your prerogative, of course, but let's be clear: it has non-zero impact.