multiple prefixes

Philipp Kern phil at philkern.de
Mon Feb 11 20:16:50 CET 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 10:31:47AM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> NAT is the common case, even on the production side nowadays. In
> addition to the perceived security benefits, ease of renumbering
> external address space is right up there in the top 2. For us not to
> acknowledge this reality only serves to slow the pace of IPv6
> adoption.

It's sad that we still don't have a technology that makes the endpoint
addressing transparent so that we don't have to get everybody who doesn't want
to deal with renumbering into IPv6 PI.

In every deployment I saw so far people have hardcoded IPv6 addresses somewhere
and didn't make a list of those places. Did you encounter better handling
already?

Kind regards
Philipp Kern