A simple test for email via IPv6

Thomas Schäfer thomas at cis.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Apr 30 10:55:06 CEST 2013

Am 30.04.2013 09:28, schrieb Валерий Солдатов:
> Hello,
> I wrote a little script-autoresponder, it helps to check delivery of email via IPv6.
> Simply send an email to test at mail.v6net.ru.
>
> If we get it via IPv6, you will receive a confirmation letter with congratulations.
> If we get it via IPv4, you will receive an error message about non-existing domain.
> (MX record for mail.v6net.ru references only to AAAA-record).

I did such tests in too. (without autoresponder and without public
test-service).

But the thing is: The "Deutsche Telekom" hasn't still made their homework.

And it comes worse: The second part of your statement is not true.
I get no error message, I get no message at all.

Normal users would think the email was delivered.

May be the Deutsche Telekom is not alone, but that is a bad excuse.

Regards,
Thomas Schäfer

--

There’s no place like ::1

Thomas Schäfer (Systemverwaltung)
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität
Centrum für Informations- und Sprachverarbeitung
Oettingenstraße 67 Raum C109
80538 München ☎ +49/89/2180-9706  ℻ +49/89/2180-9701