enterprise IPv6 only client computers and IPv4 connectivity

Erik Kline ek at google.com
Tue Apr 30 09:28:01 CEST 2013

> My thinking immediately went to DS-lite, NAT64/DNS64 and MAP-E, but I
> NAT64/DNS64 isn't "good enough" without 464XLAT, and DS-lite and MAP-E
> requires additional software on most of these operating systems, right? Are
> these kinds of client software even available?

Is NAT64/DNS64 without 464xlat really not good enough?  For Cameron's
mobile phones, where Skype is important, that's a clear need for IPv4.  But
I suspect that /some/ enterprises might consider "can't run Skype" more of
a feature than a bug.

My point is simply that "not good enough" may be more subjective and less
objective than I think your statement implies.