IPv6 DNS Config Strategies

Tim Densmore tdensmore at tarpit.cybermesa.com
Wed Sep 19 23:18:00 CEST 2012

Hi Folks,

I've looked around at how-to docs, and have tinkered enough to get my
feet wet, but would really like to have a good strategy for a layout
when setting up BIND for v6.  For v4, I have my forwards and reverses
cut up into multiple files that cover a /24 each.  This makes for tidy
files, and lets me get to what I need to change quickly.  For v6 I can't
see doing that for /64s, obviously, or even /48s, unless I just set the
files up as I need them.  Reverse gets even more tricky.  I'd prefer to
run with origin statements and PTRs of a reasonable string length, but
again, do I do this at the /48 level?  An origin of /48 still leaves a
long string to work with.

Is there a good BCP doc anyone could point me to?

Thanks!