IPv6 Ignorance

Seth Mos seth.mos at dds.nl
Tue Sep 18 15:48:41 CEST 2012

Op 18-9-2012 13:31, Eugen Leitl schreef:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 12:49:57PM +0200, Seth Mos wrote:
>
>>> We have it enabled by default on the BRAS e.g. RA + DHCP-PD but we
>>> are hesitating to send out the CPE with IPv6 enabled by default.
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> The to be released pfSense 2.1 will default to IPv4 DHCP and IPv6
>
> Any ETA for 2.1. release yet? Do you think before end 2012 would be possible?

Well, yes, we missed the IPv6 day 2012 unfortunately. I worked pretty
hard to get there, but a few FreeBSD showstoppers and Critical
functionality like CARP failover were not working yet.

It's been in feature freeze since early this year effectively though,
expect us to wrap this up in the coming months now that a couple of
commercial projects and other resources are better aligned.

So 2012, yes.

Don't worry, we're not going away just yet, just very busy. It's all
time-sharing you know.

Regards,

Seth