IPv6 Ignorance

Seth Mos seth.mos at dds.nl
Tue Sep 18 11:26:43 CEST 2012

Op 18-9-2012 11:20, Jeroen Massar schreef:
> On 2012-09-18 11:18 , Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
>> 2012/9/18 Jeroen Massar<jeroen at unfix.org>:
>>> I am still wondering why native or ISP-provided-IPv6 is so important.
>>
>> Because it's on by default?
>
> Native would be, but ISP-provided-IPv6, eg 6rd would not be unless they
> operate your modem, which is the case in the Swisscom case unless one
> puts it into bridge mode.

As far as I can tell when I tested this, even in bridge mode you can let
the downstream router do the 6rd.

So it's possible, but requires support in the "downstream" CPE. Somehow
we keep circling back to "Start"...

I worked on a user's pfSense install on a Swisscom connection while
debugging 6rd support.

Regards,

Seth