IPv6 Ignorance

Thomas Schäfer thomas at cis.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Sep 18 10:41:02 CEST 2012

Am 18.09.2012 10:28, schrieb Philipp Kern:
> Sorry for getting off-topic…

> I know that M-net is a nice example these days. As for the other company
> based in Munich: AFAICS it's still way too expensive for a private
> customer because it's managed access and aimed at businesses.

Thats not true. Every private mnet-customer (DSL, not fiber) can switch
on IPv6 by changing some letters at the accountlogin.

That's not expensive. But it is not default, there is no support and no
marketing, only a small hint at mnets forum pages.

Thomas

--

There’s no place like ::1

Thomas Schäfer (Systemverwaltung)
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität
Centrum für Informations- und Sprachverarbeitung
Oettingenstraße 67 Raum C109
80538 München ☎ +49/89/2180-9706  ℻ +49/89/2180-9701