route6: 2A00::/12

Manish Karir mkarir at merit.edu
Sat Oct 20 21:58:38 CEST 2012

Hi Antonio,

Yes. Merit is in the process of running a large IPv6 darknet experiment. Our goal is to announce every allocated /12 (1 from each RIR) first sequentially and then together. We conducted a 1hr test announcement on wed and to the best of knowledge we did not break anything.
These announcements will each last 1 week each starting Nov 1.
Your more specific announcements in BGP should still get all your data correctly routed to you. However if you have noticed any strange behavior please let us know.

Thanks.
-manish