Linksys Cisco EA4500 problem, I want to file a problem report with someone clueful

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sun Oct 7 08:11:27 CEST 2012

I have privately purchased a Linksys EA4500. It comes with IPv6 enabled by
default, so it'll do DHCPv6-PD etc, all seems proper.

The problem is that when turning off "Internect connection
type"->"enabled" to "disabled". Then it has a "IPv6 Network
Setup"->"Disabled"/"Automatic Configuration"/"Manual Configuration".

Automatic means it'll turn on 6to4 and announce that using RA on the LAN.
This works really badly. If I choose "disable" and then save config and
reboot, it'll go back to "automatic" and do 6to4 again.

So right now it seems the only way to get my moms house (no native IPv6)
working properly is to set IPv6 connection type to "automatic", because
then it disables tunneling automatically, and since she has no native
IPv6, there is nothing to have and announce on the LAN.

So I'm looking for someone/someplace at Linksys to report this problem to,
anyone have any pointers that actually will go to someone clueful about
IPv6?

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se