OT: cheap colo space in Southern Germany/Munich

Garry Glendown garry at nethinks.com
Sat Nov 24 23:14:22 CET 2012

On 24.11.2012 22:49, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> Total number of responses, even after talking to some of them on
> occasion: 0. Zero. Null. Zilch. Oh, except for one customer that asked
> us to get some v6 PI as soon as it was available. Not that they actually
> wanted to roll it out, but just to not have to renumber at some point in
> the future. But they also ordered that about 2 or 3 years ago.
> I hear your pain. I very much sympathize.
Pain? What pain? As with many things, we're seeing our job as (in part)
consulting. I can't force our customers to do "the right thing", I can
only inform and encourage. Like the horse and the water ... if they
decide not to drink the water - fine with me. I can sit back and wait -
after all, _MY_ network is running v6 just fine. I can enable it on most
of the customer lines in a matter of minutes (or less). So once a
customer CEO finds out he can't get an important file to or from a
remote site because he doesn't have v6 in his network, I'm there to
help. I'll do the planning and consulting, explain what all he needs,
and give him the bottom line which most definitely will be larger due to
the rush-job the customer needs, instead of doing a well-planned, timely
migration and implementation. And if they complain - I can point to our
newsletters, our calls, and all the publicly available sources and
documents recommending people to get v6 up and running ... your pain, my
gain.
>> you don't have a viable one. And if you can't pass the cost on to your
>> customers, they're too cheap for decent service.
> I didn't. I gave my customers notice of termination.
Just curious - have you even considered talking to your customers and
explaining the situation? Assuming the IPs you use are used by a
customer each, are they actually so tight that they won't allow for a
small price increase? Seems like a rash reaction to terminate the
customers' contracts from your end ...