OT: cheap colo space in Southern Germany/Munich

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Sat Nov 24 20:06:12 CET 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 06:38:26PM +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> E.g. see
> https://github.com/cjdelisle/cjdns/blob/master/rfcs/Whitepaper.md
> which is an instance of street technology to address
> multiple issues the current networks don't deal with.

Looking forward to see something that makes "core routers move data
without a single memory look up" (quote from the initial paragraph).

There's lots of ideas how to improve the current Internet, and I have
seen actual workable approaches for geographic routing, but so far
most stuff fails when confronted with "10 billion addressable nodes
in the system" (OLSR etc. is perfectly fine for "1000s of nodes",
for example) or with "who pays for what?" (geographic routing, and
schemes that permit the sender to pick an arbitrary network path for
his packets).

I would *love* to see something that permits anybody to pick arbitrary
addresses, ensure full portability, collision-freeness, and scales for
sites like Amazon with *lots* of active communication partners at the
same time...  until then, I stick to BGP and hierarchical address
management, and try to get the latter in as good shape as possible.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279