OT: cheap colo space in Southern Germany/Munich

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Nov 24 18:38:26 CET 2012

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 03:37:04PM +0100, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Nov 2012, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>
>> You disagree that killing BGP and AS# and allow end user operated
>> infrastructure is scratching a real itch?
>
> How would that work in real life? Is there an IETF draft that describes
> how it's supposed to work?

I doubt that the new reality will come from the usual
suspects, so if anything, RFCs will be written well
after the fact.

E.g. see
https://github.com/cjdelisle/cjdns/blob/master/rfcs/Whitepaper.md
which is an instance of street technology to address
multiple issues the current networks don't deal with.
Again, this is not the droid you're looking for, just
something that has some of the essential features.

It does not require any co-operation with ISPs or
network hardware vendors, so it will probably see a long
period of grassroots growth, and maturation, until
there will be a period of very fast adoption which
will be surprising to some.