Yesterday's Windows update causes IPv4 to be default

Dan Wing dwing at cisco.com
Thu Nov 15 17:55:02 CET 2012

Not forever, though; the web browser will re-connect to the same
address next time.  And Apple's algorithm does learn if IPv6 or
IPv4 are faster, on a per destination subnet basis.  The problem
is mostly when IPv6 and IPv4 are the same speed, it learns they
are the same speed and keeps gathering statistics on IPv4.  That
can certainly be improved, and I would bet a fine Thanksgiving
dinner that it is being improved.

> 4. It's non-deterministic, which some websites don't like as they tie
> your cookies to your IP address.

-d