Yesterday's Windows update causes IPv4 to be default

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Thu Nov 15 11:38:17 CET 2012

On 14/11/2012 22:20, Dan Wing wrote:
> tweaking its internal RFC3484 rules).  The success (or failure) to
> get to that IPv6 site is remembered for that network for 30 days,
> and then re-tested.  I don't know how to encourage it to try a
> fresh test, but there must be a registry setting to force that to
> occur.

sounds bizarre that windows is assuming that protocol stability operates on
a 30 day basis.  What if ipv6 is tweaked up on day 1, then ipv6 goes down
on day 2 because the corporate lan IT people doesn't know and doesn't care
about ipv6, and the W8 end users find themselves experiencing 29 days of
irritating timeouts?

I'm sure that the Microsoft people have thought about this, but the blog
posting doesn't give enough details.

Nick