ipv6 default - ::/3 ?

Marcus Keane Marcus.Keane at microsoft.com
Tue Nov 13 23:25:41 CET 2012

Hi,

Just FYI, we saw something similar internally. We introduced ::/1 and 8000::/1 to get around some problems(don't ask :-)), and from that point, we could never get rid of ::/1. It was with 6500s and 12.2(33)SXI*. We could see with debug that the 6500s were definitely receiving ::/0 from the upstream AS, but they interpreted it as ::/1 and they also passed on ::/1 to the route-reflectors. The only way we could get rid it was to take an outage and completely remove the default for a few seconds. We had a TAC case, but in discussing with colleagues, we never got a bug ID. However, they did say the fix was being ported to the SXI branch. We didn't pursue it because we just wanted to put in the workaround immediately. I haven't tested, but apparently IOS-XR will reject these routes as bogons.
I know this probably won't be very helpful in your case, but it might be interesting.
Marcus