Current IPv6 deployment methods in datacentres.

Michael Adams madams at netcologne.de
Mon Nov 12 13:20:20 CET 2012

Am 12.11.2012 11:49, schrieb I m t i:
>> We are not providing GPRS/Wimax. But for DSL we'll also
>  >go for a /48 per customer.
>
> You are assigning /48 on Wan interface of DSL CPE, what about the LAN
> interface ? as NAT is not a option for v6. are you using IP from /48
> on LAN as well or routing a separate IP prefix. what is Ip prefix
> configured on BRAS so that it can assign /48 to each PPPoE etc
> customer.

For residential customers the BRAS assigns a /64 from a dynamic pool
and announces it on the WAN side. The CPE gets the /48 by prefix delegation
from another dynamic pool. For business customers it will be the same.
But without PD.

> what about the customer who have requirement more than /48 ?

They will have to follow the RIPE procedures in order to get
larger IPv6 space.

Michael