6to4 relay best practices

Seth Mos seth.mos at dds.nl
Sun May 20 23:05:25 CEST 2012

Hi,

I've been building some 6to4 support in pfSense and noticed something odd about the 6to4 relays that I hope someone might shed some light on.

Some 6to4 relays are pingable, some are not. Some respond on 2002:c058:6301:: others on 2002:c058:6301::1 but never both.

And the anycasted nature makes it harder to see where I'm ending up today.

I thought that ICMP should be allowed in general by the 6to4 relays in general. But this doesn't seem to be the case.

It does not appear to hamper getting to the internet in general, leading me to believe that I should somehow contact the 6to4 operators.

Kind regards,

Seth