Question: Sharing an IP-connection

Thomas Schäfer thomas at cis.uni-muenchen.de
Sun May 20 22:27:18 CEST 2012

> The wwan0 interface will allow any MAC address (the driver will often
> use a random one), but the modem plays a few tricks with neigbour
> discovery so I am not going to bet on *multiple* MAC addresses working
> until it is tested.
>
> Does bridging work, Thomas?  If so, then that would be my favourite
> alternative as long as there is no DHCP-PD (and I guess there isn't?)

Until now it was only a theoretical thought. My hope was, that somebody says
this is ugly (splitting a /64) but it works with step one, two....

I will investigate the possibilities. But this takes a little bit longer. I
have no experience with bridging nor IPv6-dhcp, and arp-proxy will be very
different to ndp-tricks.

Thanks a lot for the hints so far.

We have endless addresses(privacy extensions work) but it is difficult share
this pool.

Regards,

Thomas