IPv6 BGP TE (was Couldflare routing problems)

Chris Welti chris.welti at switch.ch
Thu Jun 21 15:54:26 CEST 2012

Hi JF,

I specifically said I don't see a valid use case for *globally* advertising
more specifics. Locally is a different case:

Using more specifics for TE is fine towards your upstreams or direct
peers, where you can still negotiate acceptance of more specific
announcements for this purpose.

It shouldn't be a problem to also originate a covering /32 in this case, so you will
not suffer from any connectivity issues.
Of course, all your upstreams would need to accept your more specifics from each other,
for TE to be really effective, but you can include that in your contracts with them.

Regards,
Chris