IPv6 BGP TE (was Couldflare routing problems)

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Thu Jun 21 15:51:35 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 09:30:57AM -0400, Jean-Francois.TremblayING at videotron.com wrote:
> Sorry for pointing at the big pink elephant in the room, but what about
> IPv6 BGP traffic engineering? This is probably not a concern on the short
> term, but it could become one fairly rapidly as traffic grows. I
> understand
> the fears about table growth, but there's also a genuine need for ISPs to
> control traffic flows, at least a few ASes away when using multiple links.

I do understand the need for *local* traffic engineering, but I'm not
sure why I should bother when I'm half a world away - so I'll filter your
more-specifics, and rely on the covering aggregate to reach one of
your upstream-ISPs (or someone close).  Then the more-specifics will
cut in and do your local TE.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279