Routing problems to www.eurovision.tv 2400:CB00::/32 CLOUDFLARE

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sat Jun 16 14:40:49 CEST 2012

On 15. Jun 2012, at 23:10 , Nick Hilliard wrote:

> For an organisation like a CDN, there are good reasons as to why you would
> want a /48 at each site.  But if this is the case, provider independent /48
> blocks would seem like a better choice.

So I have never thought of this as the CDN business is quite crazy anyway
given everyone is doing it these cloudy days.
But why do they actually need /48-PI rather than getting a /48 or smaller
assignment for their caches, which they often seem to put into ISP/Eyeball
networks for exactly the reason to have them close to eyeballs anyway?

Of course if they put themselves onto IXPs I can see the "own" address
block thing.

What's the common case out there?

   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!