[jump-admins] Routing problems to www.eurovision.tv 2400:CB00::/32 CLOUDFLARE

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Fri Jun 15 19:28:28 CEST 2012

On 15/06/2012 18:18, Tom Paseka wrote:
> /48 is the generally accepted maximum prefix length visible in the table
> (and is visible to most major networks today).

I hope your customers are happy with connectivity to "most major networks".

Do you have data on how much visibility you have of the v6 internet?  It
should be moderately easy to figure out how many ASNs you have connectivity
to, with and without a /32 supernet announcement.  Pingable v6 addresses
can often be determined by using other tools (e.g. traceroute, irrdb
"pingable:" fields, etc).  All you need is one per ASN - that's only 5700
(http://bgp.potaroo.net/v6/as2.0/index.html, "AS Numbers")

Nick