[jump-admins] Routing problems to www.eurovision.tv 2400:CB00::/32 CLOUDFLARE

Daniel Austin daniel at kewlio.net
Fri Jun 15 19:26:55 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 15/06/2012 18:18, Tom Paseka wrote:

> Carry multiple default routes to all your providers.

The whole point of a DFZ is that it's a default-free zone... I certainly
don't want to entertain adding default routes to my routers.

The whole routing smaller IPv6 subnets thing has been talked about over
and over (back in the old PI talk days) and that's why we have specific
blocks reserved for the purposes of announcing smaller blocks.  This
adds an element of control to smaller blocks.

We don't want the IPv6 routing table to end up like the bloated IPv4
routing table is (and is going to be far worse as IPv4 IPs run out)

You're asking for people to make an exception for your company - but
then another company will ask and another and eventually we'll be in a
far worse mess than we already are in the IPv4 world.

Thanks,

Dan.