Have we been opted out of IPv6 AAAA resolution?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Jun 6 19:00:55 CEST 2012

Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> Interesting. Is there a JANET ticket number?

JANET TT: 20120530-135377 I think. The problem affected both v4 and v6 (it
upset my mail servers which are embarassingly still v4 only).

> However, the Google guys have also claimed that, after a brief respite on
> 31st, our brokenness has surged again from the 1st onwards. I wonder if the
> problem has reappeared?

Not that I have noticed.

Tony.
Wight, Portland: South or southwest 5 to 7, decreasing 4 for a time, perhaps
gale 8 later. Moderate, becoming rough later except in east Wight. Rain or
showers. Good, occasionally poor.