Have we been opted out of IPv6 AAAA resolution?

Shumon Huque shuque at upenn.edu
Wed Jun 6 18:39:16 CEST 2012

On 6/6/12 10:47 AM, Phil Mayers wrote:
> On 06/06/12 15:23, Shumon Huque wrote:
>
>> So, Google is actively measuring IPv6 connectivity issues and
>> dynamically maintaining a AAAA blacklist. Not sure if any of the
>> others are, so far we seem to be getting AAAA from everyone else.
>
> We have been pointed at this:
>
> http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/ipv6/statistics/data/no_aaaa.txt

Thanks! I'm glad Google is being transparent about the contents
of the blacklist. It would be even more helpful to proactively
provide diagnostic details of the "brokenness" they are measuring
to those that are blacklisted, instead of waiting for folks to
contact them. Silently blacklisting resolvers isn't helping the
cause of IPv6 adoption very well.

> http://googleblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/world-ipv6-launch-keeping-internet.html
>

> I'm currently writing a script to process our outbound URL logging port
> mirror and spot brokenness; the key seems to be URL callouts to:
>
> p<randomstring>.<number>.{i1,i2,s1}.{v4,ds}.ipv6-exp.l.google.com
>
> I have asked Google if they can provide info on how all this works.

Thanks. Please share what you find out! I'm sure many others are
interested.

I'd be interested in knowing who besides Google is performing selective
delivery of AAAA records. And if specific details are published
anywhere.

--Shumon.