enabling IPv6 on Cisco 6500 breaks IPv4 Internet connectivity.

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Sun Jun 3 13:51:53 CEST 2012

On 01/06/12 08:57, Mohacsi Janos wrote:
> I suspect similar things. Probably TCAM space exhausted, or limited
> someway, and non TCAM handled packets sent to RP....
> Do  you collect netflow on your router?  Try disabling netflow collection.
> Or look at mls counters  if they above the configured limits....
>      Best Regards,
>          Janos Mohacsi

This.

I've also heard some suggestions recently that storing the global table
in a VRF uses 2x the space than it would without. I cannot speak from
personal experience, but you may wish to spend some time researching
and/or experimenting without that 'feature', also.

But even then, it's only going to come down to how the TCAM space is
partitioned...

Tom