v6 only CPE

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Thu Jul 19 14:55:05 CEST 2012

* Merike Kaeo

> Does anyone know of a wireless CPE (1 WAN port, 4 wired LAN ports,
> wireless LAN) that I can buy in US  and that does native v6...without
> requiring v4?

I have a ZyXEL P-2812HNU-F3 that can do this. Whether or not it is
available in the US, I don't know.

It does require an IPv4 address assigned to its LAN interface, but the
DHCPv4 server can be disabled, so your LAN devices can be IPv6-only.
Also, when disabling IPv4 on the WAN interface, the web UI will
incorrectly claim it's disconnected from the internet, but that's a
purely cosmetic bug as far as I tell.

Best regards,
--
Tore Anderson