Netgroup support of ipv6 in Solaris/Linux

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Mon Jan 16 15:27:51 CET 2012

Both the short name and long name have been present for 15+ years. The ipv4 and ipv6 resolve both forward and backward to the same name. However, any combination linux to linux, linux to solaris, solaris to linux or solaris to solaris prompts for password if the destination server and source server have ipv6. Some are on different subnets so I know they aren't using link locals. I have also verified that the servers are not using temporary addresses.

If I disable ipv6 on either machine, netgroups work.

I'm stumped.