how to create new delegation record for IPV6.

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Fri Feb 17 14:15:38 CET 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 02:04:47PM +0100, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Gert Doering <gert at space.net> writes:
> > On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 09:36:08AM +0530, omdutt wrote:
> >> My Q is simple can it possible to create NS and 'A' record with same Host
> >> name like www........
> >
> > It is not.  You can not have NS and any other records, period.
>
> No I'm confused.  You're sure you're not thinking CNAMEs now?

Well, I was a bit less than clear, indeed.

In the delegating zone (which would be .net in the space.net case),
you can't have anything but "NS" records if you do a zone delegation.

(Plus glue, if the listed name servers are part of the same zone, like
"ns.space.net" here).

Inside the delegated zone, you can have both.

Now, since the original poster is asking for "NS and A for 'www'",
I'm fairly sure he's not trying to delegate a subzone "www" somewhere
else, but even if he is, NS+A won't be permitted in the parent zone.

OTOH, the original poster isn't even getting his terminology straight,
if you look at the question in the Subject: "how to create a new
delegation record for IPv6" - as delegation and IPv6 are completely
unrelated, it's not exactly clear to me what he's trying to achieve
(and thus it's a bit hard to tell him which buttons to click).

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279