Requested RIPE database object changes

Pim van Pelt pim at ipng.nl
Thu Feb 16 13:29:57 CET 2012

Hoi Carlos, list,

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Carlos Friacas <cfriacas at fccn.pt> wrote:
> Pim, due to recent RIPEdb changes, the object is not completely visible
> anymore -- auth: lines, i.e. MD5/PGP went away.
Yes, I am aware. It's no longer easy to find out who can authenticate
as a maintainer, I think is what you're saying?

Perhaps we can simply add a remarks: line to RFC3068-MNT saying
'please mail ipv6-ops at lists.cluenet.de with a signed set of
route/route6 objects if you want them to be added', or another list if
it's more appropriate (I used to run 6to4-ops at mailman.bit.nl but I
don't know if that's (a) still working or (b) uptodate).

> Afaik, the last person who updated the object is already in touch with
> RIPE/NCC about this, to see what needs to be done. But i'm afraid our old
> model of adding people/origins to this object is in danger... :-)
Juan and I did what I've normally done -- he sent me signed objects
(with his mntner) which I signed and shipped to auto-dbm. I'm not sure
which old model you're referring to, if that's different to this.

Thoughts ?

groet,
Pim
--