Skype & IPv6

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Thu Feb 9 16:13:17 CET 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-08, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 10:52:11AM +0100, Tayeb Meftah wrote:
>> MS hate ipv6 you know?
>
> Given the very complete IPv6 support in all recent microsoft products,
> would you care to back that statement with some more specifics...?

 While I uncharacteristically disagree with Tayeb's claim, I also have to
dispute yours.  I'd agree with "mostly complete IPv6 support in most
recent Microsoft products," however.

 There are a few product lines of theirs where IPv6 support is either
missing or broken.  On the plus side, I can happily confess that this is
more the exception than the rule -- I'd say they're ahead of a few
more-open platforms.

     Jima