another case of ipv6-only networks

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Dec 18 06:13:23 CET 2012

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012, Lorenzo Colitti wrote:

> Do we know whether the network also provides IPv6 services to the
> network's users? I've seen networks that use IPv6 internally, or as a
> transport layer, but do not provide IPv4 to the user. Sometimes adding
> IPv6 services to these networks is harder than bringing IPv6 to standard
> IPv4-only networks, because IPv6 is already being used and you have a
> conflict.

This network was designed to deliver IPv6 to end customers. I am not sure
it does in the pilot, but there is nothing in the design that prohibits or
makes it harder delivering IPv6 Internet to end users (from what I can
discern when I've had the design described to me by one of the people who
designed it).

I would imagine it's a CPE issue primarily. As always.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se