Congratulations to Germany, Netherlands and Portugal ;-)

Benedikt Stockebrand me at benedikt-stockebrand.de
Mon Dec 17 11:57:42 CET 2012

Hi Daniel and list,

Daniel Roesen <dr at cluenet.de> writes:

> PCP is a protocol to communicate desired mappings to a LSN device at the
> ISP. Wether the source is UPnP or the CPE's UI or whatever isn't
> relevant. Of course UPnP-IGD relayed to PCP is the obvious one, but as a
> PCP client can request specific port(s) to be forwarded, PCP can also be
> used to ask for well-known ports being forwarded. Wether the PCP server
> (LSN device) plays along is a different story. :)

I personally haven't taken much interest in PCP because I expect large
scale CGN and DS-Lite to be fairly shortlived, but at this point I
really wonder how ISPs are intending to deal with malicious
denial-of-service and/or customers starting e.g. BitTorrent clients
that need 750 connections each (number according to Alain
Fiocco/Cisco, at the German IPv6 Summit two weeks ago).

But then, basically the same issue applies to CGN in general.

Cheers,

    Benedikt

--
			 Business Grade IPv6