Anarchy in the UK?

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Wed Dec 12 13:20:46 CET 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 01:13:51PM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> don't know about POTS. ISDN for new customers won't be available in all
> regions in about two years, or so I've read; the reason is that the chips
> won't be made any longer soon, and nobody wants to invest design new ISDN
> chips with today's wafer technology.
>
> At some point they'll have to save the remaining chips for repairs of
> equipment, and the less they have the better.

I fully understand that they want (need) to get rid of customers with
"real ISDN" telephone lines.

I'm just very unhappy of their attempt to use "you can only get IPv6 on
DSL lines with VoIP, not with real ISDN!" as a vehicle for that - because
it will not work for this type of customers.  They do not know what IPv6
is, and will not make purchasing decision (or even "contract changes")
based on IPv6...

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279