Anybody behind a NAT64?

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Tue Dec 4 23:21:14 CET 2012

* dave

> You seem to use a mobile IPv6-only APN. Is that correct? Is it
> commonly available for other users too? Can you share some more info
> on that?

Yes, my mobile provider Mobile Norway has an IPv6-capable APN. It's not
IPv6-only though, as it supports both IPv4 and IPv6 PDP contexts, but
not dual-stack IPv4v6 ones yet. The IPv6 PDP context comes with
NAT64/DNS64 service, but I can also use IPv4 and IPv6 PDP contexts in
parallel to get true dual-stack connectivity if the equipment supports
it. Unfortunately, Android doesn't (at least not my Samsung Galaxy
Nexus), but I have a Nokia 21M-02 USB stick that does it and it works
just fine.

Currently it's a opt-in pilot in Mobile Norway. However, IPv6 in mobile
networks isn't really anything unique. Many mobile providers around the
world supports it. When I visited the US last summer, for example, I got
myself a prepaid SIM card from T-Mobile. IPv6 worked just fine with it
out of the box.

--
Tore Anderson