Current Consensus on IPv6 Customer Allocation Size

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 12:49:18 CEST 2012

Tim,

Just to underline this: please destroy your copy of RFC 3177 and read
RFC 6177 carefully. I say this as one of the people who drafted 3177.

That said, I think I will be happy at home when I get a /56, and it
might do for a small business, but any customer already known to subnet
in IPv4 should probably get a /48.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter