DHCPv6 PD server

Seth Mos seth.mos at dds.nl
Thu Aug 2 09:41:13 CEST 2012

Op 2-8-2012 7:54, Philipp Kern schreef:
> Hi,
>
> is there a sane Linux open-source DHCPv6 server available that allows
> one to properly delegate subnets? Of course they are all able to hand
> out subnets, but none of those I saw was able to actually install a
> route for the subnet to the client that requested the delegation. At
> first glance I also didn't see any hooks that are ran post-delegation.
> The use case here is CPE equipment, so that the C and J (and possibly
> MikroTik) devices can do it doesn't really help me…
>
> Kind regards and thanks in advance for hints
> Philipp Kern

Hi,

In the pfSense project (FreeBSD) we use ISC dhcpd, we have a seperate
monitor process for the dhcpd6.leases.

https://github.com/bsdperimeter/pfsense-tools/tree/master/pfPorts/dhcpleases6

This fires off a PHP script that inserts or removes the routes as
required. This works pretty well.

https://github.com/bsdperimeter/pfsense/blob/master/usr/local/sbin/prefixes.php

You could rewrite the PHP script in a multitude of languages, but that's
what we use exclusively on pfSense. Bar a few C programs ofcourse, but
that has to do with memory footprint

Cheers,

Seth