Current Consensus on IPv6 Customer Allocation Size

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Thu Aug 2 00:13:08 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 10:12:55PM +0100, Mark Blackman wrote:
> More than 256 subnets in the home? Who would want to manage all of that?
>
> I can't see more than about 16 subnets at a single residential
> address with a single family

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
 - Thomas Watson, Chairman, IBM, 1943

"There is no reason why anyone would want a computer in their home."
 - Ken Olsen, Founder, DEC, 1977

"640K should keep everyone happy for the next 10 years"
 - Bill Gates, Founder, Microsoft, 1981

"4 bits for home subnetting should be more than enough"
 - any takers?

Best regards, SCNR,
Daniel