TSP solutions

Arjan Van Der Oest Arjan at voiceworks.nl
Fri Sep 16 13:08:02 CEST 2011

Jeroen,

On 16Sep, 2011, at 12:11 , Jeroen Massar wrote:

> While that answers that part of the question (that you have selected a
> draytek and thus need TSP), it does not answer the problem that you are
> trying to solve ;)

The problem I'm trying to solve is obvious : I want to utilize TSP for providing IPv6 connectivity. You mean it's not clear to you why I'm looking at TSP rather than other mechanism's :-)

The answer is, current installed base, combined with:

> I assume that you have a userbase on IPv4 who cannot get native IPv6.

check

> Are you in that case the direct IPv4 ISP of those users

check

> then there are two questions:
> a) why no native IPv6? (cost, hardware, etc?)

For the moment: telco-, equipment- and businesscase limitations. All of these will eventually be solved but I don't want to wait with providing IPv6 connectivity until these issues are solved.

> b) why don't use 6rd?

Because Draytek does not support it.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Arjan van der Oest
Senior Network Engineer / Security Officer

Voiceworks BV - Editiestraat 29 - 1321 NG Almere