IPV6 route registries

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Wed Sep 14 13:16:46 CEST 2011

On 2011-09-14 13:05 , Phil Mayers wrote:
> On 13/09/11 18:04, David Conrad wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sep 13, 2011, at 9:24 AM, Matthew Huff wrote:
>>> This is PI space for BGP multihoming which we got from ARIN. Running
>>> with PA space never was an option.
>>
>> Out of curiosity, why wasn't PA an option?
>
> Because he wanted to do BGP multihoming to two different providers, I
> guess.
>
> It's a real shame some clever mechanism to do that wasn't found *before*
> we all started our rollouts / IPv4 ran out

For BGP Multihoming there is a solution, it is called BGP multihoming.

Now, for solving all kinds of other obstacles that come along with
multihoming there are also a variety of other solutions, all which get
discarded by people because what they know is this BGP-based multihoming
and thus that is all they want...

Greets,
 Jeroen