How to enable " ipv6 unicast-routing" to permit traceroute from 6PE to ipv6-cloud

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Sep 7 10:48:07 CEST 2011

On 09/07/2011 09:39 AM, Mark Tinka wrote:

> Well, the question the vendors will ask you is simple. What
> problem do you want to solve?

How about running a v4-free core. 4PE/4vPE? ;o)

In all seriousness, for large providers, it might free up usable amounts
of address space; enough to (say) provision a CGN, maybe?

I realise we're many years from this being practical, but not for any
inherent reason. That said, I vaguely recall LDPv6 being on a roadmap I
saw recently...