Switches Juniper

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Tue Oct 18 18:10:14 CEST 2011

On 10/18/11 7:38 AM, Arturo Servin wrote:
> I was going to to buy some juniper switches (ERX3200) but Juniper
> sales representative told to my local distributor that IPv6 requires
> a "special licence" and to pay more. They also wanted the list of
> "protocols" that we require to run IPv6 (I just forwarded them the
> list that they have in its own brochure
> -http://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/datasheets/1000216-en.pdf
> -)
>
> Before going and buying Cisco or any other brand I wanted to ask the
> list if you have had a recent experience on this type with Juniper
> and if this is really true or just another sales person without clue
> about v6.
>
> I do not mind to pay more for licences with special features or to
> pay more for better software, I just find hilarious from Juniper to
> treat IPv6 as "special".

We've got an m7i that we can't do IPv6 tunneling on because that's a
'extra feature' and not only requires a special board but extra license.
  Pretty much made sure I won't be using juniper products instead of
Foundry/Brocade or Cisco.

It's beyond absurd.  Even my ancient cisco 2600s can do v6 tunneling and
functionality with a v6 image and without needing a special board.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org