Switches Juniper

Arturo Servin arturo.servin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 15:38:04 CEST 2011

Hi,

	I was going to to buy some juniper switches (ERX3200) but Juniper sales representative told to my local distributor that IPv6 requires a "special licence" and to pay more. They also wanted the list of "protocols" that we require to run IPv6 (I just forwarded them the list that they have in its own brochure - http://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/datasheets/1000216-en.pdf -)

	Before going and buying Cisco or any other brand I wanted to ask the list if you have had a recent experience on this type with Juniper and if this is really true or just another sales person without clue about v6.

	I do not mind to pay more for licences with special features or to pay more for better software, I just find hilarious from Juniper to treat IPv6 as "special".

Regards,
.as