Geoff on IPv4 Exhaustion

Erik Kline ek at google.com
Mon Nov 21 05:01:08 CET 2011

> For most sites that are using VPNs merely to connect internal networks
> there won't be a need for them post-IPv6, because the internal networks
> won't exist anymore.

This is certainly an exciting opportunity for us, I think.  The return
of end-to-end gives us the chance to refocus on real security for
access to traditionally "internal" services and not so much on things
that are IP-based.

The "hard outer shell, soft chewy center" model ends up being more
like the Monty Python Crunchy Frog sketch anyway.  =)