IPv6 day measurements

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon May 30 19:57:13 CEST 2011

On May 30, 2011, at 11:20 AM, Todd Snyder wrote:

> So, what data you looking to collect?  How do you plan to test/validate your IPv6 day presence?  What external resources have you found beneficial?

I'm looking at raw traffic data (where we can observe and measure it).

I've also been taking daily snapshots of the result of a routing table audit.  I've missed a few days as I've been running it manually, but overall seeing 7-8 autnums per day be added to the table behind a variety of networks.

~/ipv6> wc -l peers.*
   3767 peers.20110511.out
   3782 peers.20110514.out
   3783 peers.20110515.out
   3792 peers.20110516.out
   3817 peers.20110518.out
   3821 peers.20110519.out
   3841 peers.20110520.out
   3853 peers.20110522.out
   3852 peers.20110523.out
   3871 peers.20110524.out
   3909 peers.20110525.out
   3920 peers.20110526.out
   3944 peers.20110527.out
   3944 peers.20110530.out
  53896 total

(FYI: If you are a customer of AS2914 and don't have IPv6 enabled on your port and need help with that, please send me an email.  I should be able to get that problem solved for you as IPv6 is available throughout).

- Jared