ipv6-ops Digest, Vol 74, Issue 45

Emile Aben emile.aben at ripe.net
Sat May 28 15:59:04 CEST 2011

Hi,

Thanks for positive responses on our IPv6 Eye chart. I'm glad this
already helped people sort out some reachability issues they were not
aware they had.

If others have solved similar issues they found using the eye chart
please let me know, I'd like to see if I can keep track of what issues
were found and how they were resolved.

As for Jay's suggestion:
> Suggestion for a page enhancement, perhaps a different icon for each
dual-stacked site as to whether reached v4 or v6, maybe a little number
on the checkbox 4 or 6.  I have no clue as to how to implement this or
if it's practical but it would be cool.

I had this suggestion from others too, but as far as I know this is not
possible using the javascript method I use (briefly: we just fetch an
image from a site, and fire a javascript event once it is successfully
loaded). Tips and tricks appreciated though.

best regards,
Emile Aben
System Architect
RIPE NCC