An RFC is an RFC when it is an RFC (Was: Question Re: best practices)

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Mon May 9 21:20:18 CEST 2011

On 2011-May-09 21:08, marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:
> A brief overview of the IETF RFCs document suite.
[..]

Thanks for the write-up, that saved me quite some typing ;)

I just got to add: everybody can participate in commenting on any of
these documents and operator input is highly requested, and if you are
sneaky you do as it helps your wishes get into the RFCs and then if you
are lucky enough vendors actually implement it (they are of course free
to say 'nah, we don't do that' which happens often enough) and thus you
get what you ask for.

As for people who want to know more about the IETF, I suggest to read
http://www.ietf.org/tao.html or kick me off-list and I can probably
point you out in the right direction.

Greets,
 Jeroen