Setting the "other-config-flag" or O-bit on a Cisco ASA

Carl Holzhauer cholzhauer at sscorp.com
Fri Mar 25 18:24:45 CET 2011

If you do the memory upgrade, you don't have to get the Cisco ram...there is a significant cost savings there.

I would highly suggest you contact your Cisco rep and request the feature; they aren't going to change any features without input from users.

Also, if you use the ASDM to look at traffic, I would also suggest that you tell your account rep you want the ASDM to resolve addresses via DNS.  It's not bad to do a manual lookup on an IPv4 address, but trying to do a lookup on a IPv6 address becomes more cumbersome