IPv6 dynamic DNS services?

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Wed Mar 9 01:31:20 CET 2011

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011, Daniel Roesen wrote:

> Thanks for your offer. Perhaps I should have mentioned the background of
> my question:
>
> We were asking CPE router vendors about IPv6 DynDNS support. They came
> back to us with "show us a service supporting IPv6 and we'll look at
> it". I was surprised that there ain't such thing at the moment.
>
> I'm not looking for something for myself, but something to ask vendors
> to implement in CPE routers deployed in mass to residential users...

RFC 2136 (or rather successors) is something I am seriously missing in
most CPEs in the legacy lands; the various (free) "dyndns" services are
great but also something that once in a while breaks and is usually
not in the control of $customer and $isp then.  Their update machanisms
have their right to exist in addition to proposed standard support.

Take the chance and ask for the RFC way;-)

/bz

          Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.